How To Post Your Resume On Your Linkedin Profile
Ever wish there was a free and easy way for interested recruiters to access your resume right from your LinkedIn profile?
There is! And it’s so easy to do.
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Go to your Edit Profile page.
- Scroll to the Summary, Experience or Education section.
- Click on the box with plus sign icon.
- Follow the prompts to upload your resume from your computer.
- Upload your resume and other application documents such as work samples, reference letters and a list of LinkedIn recommendations as pdf or document (doc or docx) files. You can do so by going to your Edit Profile page, scrolling to the Box.net section and clicking the white triangle in the blue Menu box. Click Upload.
You can also perform other options via each document’s triangle link including:
- Sending the document link to a LinkedIn connection.
- Getting a web link for the file that you can copy/paste into emails or elsewhere
- Posting the document to a WordPress, Blogger or Livejournal blog or site
- Sending/sharing the document on Facebook
- Anyone who visits your profile can download documents, so if you aren’t comfortable with certain connections accessing them, don’t post them on your profile.
- Mention the availability of your resume document in the Summary section of your profile by saying something like, “Scroll to see the Box.net module for my resume.”
- Feel free to invite me to connect on LinkedIn and view/download my Box.net files. I include many print-friendly job-help files there.
- LinkedIn also allows you to post many other file types including Flash, image, and presentation file types such as Powerpoint (ppt or pptx).
- If you radically modify your resume for each opening, you may prefer not to post a downloadable standard resume.
- Remember to update your resume on LinkedIn whenever you update it offline.
- Sales and small business people can also benefit by posting sales materials and product information sheets on your profile.
Consider adding your resume to your profile … it can help you … Get a Job!